ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

[gnso-igo-ingo] FW: Proposed Public Comment Period for Initial Report

  • To: GNSO IGO INGO <gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-igo-ingo] FW: Proposed Public Comment Period for Initial Report
  • From: Brian Peck <brian.peck@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 08:10:43 -0700

Dear WG Members,

We are planning to publish the Initial Report for public comment tomorrow,
14 June and wanted to provide you with the proposed public comment and reply
periods.  Taking into consideration that the PDP WG Charter mandates the WG
to fulfill the requirements of the PDP "in an expedited manner," while also
recognizing that under the minimum 21 day requirements for the public
comment period and reply period each, the reply period would be open between
6 July and 26 July during which the Durban Meeting will take place, after
consulting with Thomas as Chair, we are proposing the following timeframes:

Extend the public comment period by 9 days to provide a 30 day period,
starting 14 June and ending at 23:59 on Sunday, 14 July
Maintain the 21 day period for the reply period, starting 15 July and ending
at 23:59 on Sunday, 4 August.

By extending the public comment period this would provide as much time as
possible prior to the starting date of the Durban Meeting (instead of the 21
day period ending on 5 July), while also pushing back the reply period
deadline by nine days to provide extra time after the Durban meeting.  We
realize that the timing of this public forum during the Durban Meeting is
not the most optimal, but given the Charter mandate we hope you agree that
this is a workable solution.

As we would like to publish the report tomorrow please advise if there are
any strong objections as soon as possible but no later than tomorrow, Friday
14 June at 12:00 UTC  ­ otherwise we will go with this schedule.  Thank you
very much for your continued support and contributions to the WG.

Best Regards,

Brian

Brian Peck
Policy Director