ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

[gnso-igo-ingo] RE: New Board (NGPC) resolution and update

  • To: Mary Wong <mary.wong@xxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-igo-ingo] RE: New Board (NGPC) resolution and update
  • From: "Claudia MACMASTER TAMARIT" <MACMASTER@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 16:17:42 +0000

Thank you, Mary.

To be frank, I find it alarming that the NGPC has decided to extend temporary
protections of IGO acronyms, including "ISO" - in particular in light of
ongoing sunrise periods, in which trademark owners of terms matching those
acronyms might be barred from participating (?).

January 23 cannot come soon enough.

Sincerely,
Claudia (ISO)