ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

[gnso-igo-ingo] Preliminary Issue Report on Access by IGOs and INGOs to the UDRP and URS: public comment forum now open

  • To: "gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-igo-ingo] Preliminary Issue Report on Access by IGOs and INGOs to the UDRP and URS: public comment forum now open
  • From: Mary Wong <mary.wong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 01:02:07 -0700

Dear WG members,

This is to inform you that the Preliminary Issue Report that was requested
by the GNSO Council - regarding possible amendments to the UDRP and URS to
enable their use by IGOs and INGOs, in accordance with the consensus
recommendation of this WG - has been published for public comment:
http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/igo-ingo-crp-prelim-10mar14-en.h
tm

As the ICANN49 meeting in Singapore is coming up, the public comment period
has been extended beyond the minimum 30 day period such that the Initial
Comment Period will close on 14 April, over two weeks after the end of the
Singapore meeting. The Reply Period opens on 15 April and closes on 6 May ­
while we hope that initial comments will be sent in by 14 April, we will be
happy to continue to receive comments through the Reply Period as well.

Thanks and cheers
Mary

Mary Wong
Senior Policy Director