ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-impl-irtpc-rt]

[gnso-impl-irtpc-rt] For your review: Change of Registrant/Transfer Policy - by Thursday 12 March

  • To: "gnso-impl-irtpc-rt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-impl-irtpc-rt@xxxxxxxxx>, Theo Geurts <theo.geurts@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-impl-irtpc-rt] For your review: Change of Registrant/Transfer Policy - by Thursday 12 March
  • From: Caitlin Tubergen <caitlin.tubergen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 03:19:09 +0000

Hi All,

Thank you to everyone who participated in the call today.  For those of you
who were unable to attend, please find a link to the recording here:
https://icann.adobeconnect.com/p4howkg3hce/

During the call, we discussed the outstanding issue from our last call,
which was the issue of third party privacy/proxy providers and the potential
challenge of transmitting the change of registrant credential to the
underlying registrant.  The members of the IRT that were on the call with
okay with the proposed solution, which you will find in footnote 1.

The P/P issue was the last outstanding issue to discuss before we post the
draft policy for public comment.

I have attached the draft policy for your final review.  You will note that
this is the hybrid ³Transfer Policy,² which will go out for public comment.
The Transfer Policy has two sections: the IRTP in section I, and the Change
of Registrant in section II.  The hybrid policy was recommended by the WG.
As you may remember, we had already worked through recommendation 2, the
time limiting of FOAs, before we began discussing the Change of Registrant
function.

If you have any final questions or comments on the draft policy, please
submit them to me by Thursday, 12 March.

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Caitlin