ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-improvem-impl-sc]

[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] Request to Test Draft Online SOI Solution

  • To: "gnso-improvem-impl-sc@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-improvem-impl-sc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-improvem-impl-sc] Request to Test Draft Online SOI Solution
  • From: Julie Hedlund <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 04:35:19 -0700

Dear Wolf-Ulrich and Standing Committee on Improvements Implementation (SCI)
Members:

According to the GNSO Operating Procedures
<http://gnso.icann.org/council/gnso-op-procedures-08apr11-en.pdf>, Chapter
5–Statements of Interest, Section 5.3.2-Electronic Form and Publication, “To
ensure consistency, ICANN Staff shall develop, maintain, and provide to
Relevant Parties an electronic Statement of Interest form including procedures
and instructions pertaining to its completion online.”  In the past month,
ICANN Staff has developed and tested a draft online Statement of Interest (SOI)
solution within ICANN’s new Confluence GNSO Wiki area.  Before we finalize and
publicize within the GNSO, we would like to invite the SCI to be the first
official GNSO group to test the new draft solution and to provide us with
valuable feedback.

In particular, we have created a draft new Wiki SOI page according to Section
5.3.3 of the above-referenced GNSO Operating Procedures.  Features of the draft
new SOI solution include:

 *   All SOIs located in one convenient area within the official GNSO Wiki site;
 *   An online form set up according to the new SOI procedures.;
 *   The option for the person creating the SOI to restrict editing rights once
the new SOI page has been created;
 *   The ability for Working Groups and teams to reference the Wiki SOI page
link when building a membership roster; and
 *   The ability to browse and search all SOIs in the Wiki space.

The draft SOI Wiki site is located at:
https://community.icann.org/display/gnsosoi/GNSO+Statements+of+Interest+%28SOI%29.
  You will need a Login ID and Password to access this space within the Wiki
site.  We will be providing that information to each of you separately.  Once
you receive that email invitation, please go to the above link and follow the
instructions provided.  You will see that we have uploaded a 10-minute tutorial
which explains the SOI solution and walks through each of the steps to create a
new SOI.

Thank you for your participation and we appreciate your feedback.  Please let
us know if you need any assistance.

Julie

Julie Hedlund
Policy Director