ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-improvem-impl-sc]

[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] AW: CSG membership in SCI

  • To: <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-improvem-impl-sc] AW: CSG membership in SCI
  • From: <KnobenW@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 16:00:03 +0200

Hi Marika,

you're right that there might be potential for different interpretation
regarding the member structure as set in the charter which I'm convinced was
never intended. In my understanding the term "SG" relates to the CPH structure
and the term "constituency" to the NCPH. Membership is voluntary. E.g. the IPC
did not yet join the team. This means that at present
- members (primes + alternates) are counted for voting: 2 RySG, 2 RrSG, 2 NCUC,
2 BC, 2 ISPCP, 1 NCA; 11 in total
- theoretically 2 IPC, 1 NCA-alternate could be added; then 14 in total

We should clarify if there are different opinions.

It was the common understanding of the team to hold the chair/VC election
immediately. I think there is no need to wait for other groups who had already
the opportunity to join. Nevertheless it's open to them to join the team at a
time they prefer.

Kind regards
Wolf-Ulrich