ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-improvem-impl-sc]

[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] Updated Consent Agenda Comparison Table

  • To: "gnso-improvem-impl-sc@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-improvem-impl-sc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-improvem-impl-sc] Updated Consent Agenda Comparison Table
  • From: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 07:57:15 -0700

Dear All,

As discussed during our last meeting, I've integrated the consent procedure as
suggested by J. Scott (see
http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-improvem-impl-sc/msg00146.html) into the
comparison table which also included the board procedure and the interim
procedure used by the GNSO Council (see attached). Please note that I've made a
couple of small modifications such as changing President to Chair / Council
Leadership and adding 'links to' as an additional option to including the full
text of reports in the minutes to reflect existing practice.

One thing I did notice is that the main difference between the board procedure,
proposed procedure and the interim Council procedure appears to be that the
latter specifically does not allow items on the consent agenda which are to be
decided with a motion. This issue was also put forward to the SCI for
consideration by the Council leadership: 'In particular, [the SCI] may wish to
look at items that may require exclusion from the consent agenda (a motion vote
is an obvious example), to serve as guideline for theCouncil Chair and
Leadership Team when a GNSO Council meeting agenda is being drafted'. The SCI
may wish to consider this issue in further detail at its next meeting.

With best regards,

Marika