[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] AW: Notes from SCI meeting and updated consent agenda language for review
- To: <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-improvem-impl-sc@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [gnso-improvem-impl-sc] AW: Notes from SCI meeting and updated consent agenda language for review
- From: <KnobenW@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 23:10:07 +0200
Thanks Marika for this.
1. As you have already established wiki pages for the subteams I'd like to
encourage all participants to make intensive use of it. It may be helpful to
have all drafts as Word Docs available for online amendment purposes.
2. Marika, could you please circulate the updated subteam list giving a chance
to other volunteers for joining?
3. Re Consent Agenda I wonder whether in the penultimate para the last sentence
could read "Then the chair calls for a vote on each item". (BTW that was my
misunderstanding that I referred the vote to the consent agenda itself and not
to the agenda items).
[mailto:owner-gnso-improvem-impl-sc@xxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Marika Konings
Gesendet: Montag, 7. Mai 2012 11:14
Betreff: [gnso-improvem-impl-sc] Notes from SCI meeting and updated consent
agenda language for review
Please find below the notes of last week's SCI meeting. In addition, please
find attached an updated version of the proposed consent agenda language in
which I've aimed to incorporate the different points raised during the meeting.
Also, dedicated wiki pages have been created for the different sub-teams (see
https://community.icann.org/x/LIHg). If there are any additional volunteers for
any of the sub-teams, please let me know. Please note that we still need to
modify the permissions for the wiki space so that everyone has the appropriate
editing capabilities (hopefully this will get taken care off in the next couple
The next SCI meeting is scheduled for 17 May at 19.00 UTC.
With best regards,
From: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>>
Reply-To: Marika Konings
To: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: Adobe Connect - Note Pod Content from Standing Committee on
1. Roll call
2. Statements of Interest
3. Status of work teams on
- Consent agenda
- Deferral of motions
- Threshold rules needed for delaying a PDP
- GNSO Council Voting Results Table
- Proxy voting procedure
4. WG Survey
- SOI (raised by Evan Leibovitch)
- Additional participants needed for consent agenda item and voting results
table (Avri willing to join sub-team if needed. Wolf also willing to move from
deferral to GNSO Council Voting Results Table)
- Mary volunteered for Proxy Voting Procedures
- Additional item regarding SOI raised by Evan Leibovitch - raises the question
who may raise issues with the SCI (currently only GNSO Council or WGs can raise
issues with the SCI according to the Charter)
- Circulate sub-team list to the mailing list to see if there are additional
- Develop wiki pages for sub-teams and consider using google docs to work
collaboratively on items.
- Clarify terminology re. Council leadership / Chair / Vice-Chairs
- Consider excluding PDP related item as well as recommendations to the Board
from the consent agenda
- What happens to items that are removed from the consent agenda, do they end
up on the normal agenda or move on to the next meeting? Should it be clarified
in the proposed draft?
- What is the deadline for making supporting documents availabe in suficient
time (is that the 8-day deadline)? Consider clarifying that this is the
timeline that applies or referring to the applicable place in the operating
procedures that addresses timing.
- What kind of vote is taken? Simple majority? How to deal with items that have
a different voting threshold associated with it? Doesn't the same voting
threshold apply as for other items? Consent agenda is intended to expedite
adminstrative manners, items that need further discussion end up on normal
agenda. Consider excluding all items that have a voting threshold associated
with it that is not simple majority (addresses concern over voting thresholds
as well as items that should not be eligible for consent agenda).
Deferral of motions
- Ron and Angie to take the lead on this item
- Review historic data received from GNSO secretariat
Voting Threshold Rules for Delaying a PDP
- See staff paper on this issue
Proxy Voting Procedure
- See proposal circulated by Wolf
- Put at the top of the agenda for the next meeting
Update of GNSO council Voting Results
- Add 'only for significant cause' to terminating a PDP
- Include reference to Bylaws to clarify meaning of certain voting thresholds
- Share Word version of document with Anne