ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-improvem-impl-sc]

RE: [gnso-improvem-impl-sc] SCI meeting

  • To: <KnobenW@xxxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-improvem-impl-sc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-improvem-impl-sc] SCI meeting
  • From: "Ron Andruff" <randruff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 16:32:09 -0400

Dear Wolf-Ulrich and all,

If I recall correctly, what we discussed in the first call post San Jose was
breaking our entire group into sub-groups around each topic that the SCI
needs to address.

These sub-groups were to be tasked with gathering the background information
surrounding the topics to bring all of the members of the SCI up to speed on
all of them. (So that those of us who are not well-versed on each topic
would have some context within which we could consider the issues at
question.)

In the second call, we discussed reaching out to the entire SCI to ask
members who had not yet volunteered to any of the sub-group to ask them to
do so.  We also tackled one of the topics directly and moved it quite far
down the field.

When I look at the agenda for tomorrow's call, I am confused about what we
are doing.  I know that there has been zero dialogue within the two work
teams that I am noted on, so I am not sure what these teams are doing and
what should be presented tomorrow.

>From the agenda, it appears that we are walking down two alternative tracks
simultaneously: One track to break down into sub-groups to gather the
background context to enlighten and enable us to affectively address the
issues at hand; the second track appears to being going straight ahead
without the background and trying to resolve them.

I may be incorrect in my understanding, but I was not of an understanding
that Angie and I were to be drafting language to present to the SCI.

Please clarify.

Thank you.

RA

Ronald N. Andruff