ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-improvem-impl-sc]

Re: [gnso-improvem-impl-sc] Suspending a PDP--Proposed Revised Footnote

  • To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>, "gnso-improvem-impl-sc@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-improvem-impl-sc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-improvem-impl-sc] Suspending a PDP--Proposed Revised Footnote
  • From: "J. Scott Evans" <jscottevans@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 09:13:40 -0800 (PST)

Dear All:

First, I fully support Avri's comment below regarding the need for full
consensus and I do not see that we have achieved full consensus on this issue.
For this reason, unless we resolve the issue on tomorrow's call, I do not think
the GNSO is in a position to vote on the proposed motion.

Second, I am fully supportive of the points that Anne has raised and I see no
reason we could not include provision that requires a statement on why the PDP
is being suspended.  I think that such a statement is a very well thought out
point.  I realize that there are archives of information on the PDP, but the
ICANN Board, the GAC and many other stakeholders have a great deal of issues to
contend with in the multi-stakeholder model.  For this reason, I think it would
be very helpful to have a clear statement of why the PDP is being suspended.  I
see this as no different from requiring a "stated" time for the suspension.

I will not be on the call tomorrow due to a prior commitment.  For this reason,
Anne will be presenting the IPC position as the fully representative.  I urge
everyone to work with Anne to address her concerns.

J. Scott

j. scott evans -  head of global brand, domains & copyright - Yahoo! Inc. -
408.349.1385 - jscottevans@xxxxxxxxx