ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-improvem-impl-sc]

[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] SCI role

  • To: <gnso-improvem-impl-sc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-improvem-impl-sc] SCI role
  • From: "WUKnoben" <wolf-ulrich.knoben@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 10:35:39 +0200

All.

the GNSO council at its next meeting on Sep 05 shall discuss the SCI role as
intended from the Durban meeting. The “historical” information to be provided
by Jeff Newman is still pending but seems to be important for the understanding
of where the SCI comes from.
If the SCI wants to submit some input to this discussion the SCI meeting on Sep
04 seems to be too close to the council meeting in order to prepare some
statement. In this case we should start immediately on the list.

To my understanding the only item still open is about the working method – WG
model or full consensus. In my view a statement outlining the pros and cons
would be helpful.
The role itself – the SCI as an ongoing working institution – was not objected
by the council.

Best regards

Wolf-Ulrich