ICANN ICANN Email List Archives


<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] SCHEDULED: SCI Meeting 24 March 2016 1800 UTC

  • To: "gnso-improvem-impl-sc@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-improvem-impl-sc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-improvem-impl-sc] SCHEDULED: SCI Meeting 24 March 2016 1800 UTC
  • From: Julie Hedlund <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 13:46:36 +0000

Dear SCI members,

Based on the RSVPs received as of COB yesterday, 27 March, staff will go ahead 
and schedule the call for Thursday, 24 March at 1800 UTC.  The GNSO Secretariat 
will send out a notice.  Please see below the actions from the SCI meeting in 
Marrakech on 05 March.  Note that Sub Team B will be meeting Monday, 21 March 
to discuss the action items from its report to the SCI.

Kind regards,

Julie Hedlund, Policy Director

Actions: SCI Meeting 05 March 2016

1.  Sub Team A: Report to the SCI on Current Practice in Relation to Motions

Action Item: Staff will draft language for the SCI to consider to incorporate 
the informal procedures into the GNSO Operating Procedures.

2.  Sub Team B: Report to the SCI on Chair-Vice Chair Elections

Issue 2: Is there a gap to be addressed when the Vice Chairs' terms end at the 
same time as that of the Chair, and no Chair is conclusively elected by that 

>From the Report to the SCI: Suggested new language for the GNSO Operating 
>Procedures: “In the case where both Vice-Chairs’ terms on the Council end at 
>the same time as the Chair, and no Chair is conclusively elected, this 
>procedure would apply: Each House should designate a new or continuing 
>councilor, including the voting and non-voting NCAs, to temporarily fill the 
>role of Vice Chair on an interim basis, not as an elected Vice Chair.  These 
>individuals will co-chair the Chair election and once the election is 
>completed their service in those roles would end. Candidates for Chair would 
>not be eligible to serve as designated Interim Vice Chairs, to avoid potential 
>conflicts of interest."

Action Item: Sub Team B will continue discussion on this issue.  Consider 
whether there should be steps for each possibilty that could ensure a 
predictable outcome.  

Issue 4:  Should the timetable (or a modality for setting one) for the GNSO 
chair election be specified in the Operating Procedures?

Action Item: Concerning the Election Timeline — It was noted that the timeline 
will be very important if incoming councilors can be considered for Chair 
elections. The request is for the representatives from the two Houses in the 
SCI to review the timeline and bring their comments back to the SCI.

New issue 5: If there is no Chair elected is it the Vice Chairs who run the 
meetings and calls the votes?

Action Item: Sub Team B will consider this issue.

Attachment: smime.p7s
Description: S/MIME cryptographic signature

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy