ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-improvem-impl-sc]

Re: [gnso-secs] [gnso-improvem-impl-sc] RE: Mp3, Attendance & AC Chat from SCI call 02 June 2016

  • To: Peregrine Nathalie <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-secs] [gnso-improvem-impl-sc] RE: Mp3, Attendance & AC Chat from SCI call 02 June 2016
  • From: Rudi Vansnick <rudi.vansnick@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 10:34:51 +0200

Daar all,

The issue of attaching calendar invites depends on the platform used by the
invitees. As we all recognize the failure of the “standards” of the internet
each proprietary software (especially the big names) it becomes really
difficult to be able to send out one single invitation mail for everyone.
Microsoft decided to use a specific format by default which is attaching the
mail and attachments in a file named win.dat, which can not be opened standard
by any non Microsoft mail agent.

Thus I feel with ICANN staff here the pain of getting things organized so
everybody is happy and gets what is needed. First, if all software developers
would follow the standards the world would certainly become much easier.

Kind regards,

Rudi