ICANN ICANN Email List Archives


<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] Notes/Actions: SCI Meeting 16June 2016

  • To: "gnso-improvem-impl-sc@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-improvem-impl-sc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-improvem-impl-sc] Notes/Actions: SCI Meeting 16June 2016
  • From: Julie Hedlund <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 19:32:14 +0000

Dear SCI members,


Please see below the notes and actions captured from the SCI meeting held on 16 
June.  Please let us know if you have any questions or comments.  As discussed 
on the call, the next SCI call will be scheduled as needed if there are 
comments in the Public Forum that will be initiated following Helsinki on the 
revisions to the GNSO Operating Procedures, or if an issue request is received 
from the GNSO Council.


Kind regards,



Julie Hedlund, Policy Director


CONSENSUS CALL: Chair/Vice Chair Elections:



·         Consensus Call: Confirmation "yes" from IPC and NCUC, no objections 

·         Grammatical issue was noted (and previously flagged by Amr) in the 
last sentence in #3 and will be corrected and notified to the SCI list.

·         It was agreed that while Amr will provide an update on the SCI 
activities via the GNSO Council list (with staff providing a draft email), 
there will be no need for an in-person update in Helsinki, nor will this update 
preclude the proposed revisions being sent out for public comment.

·         Following the Helsinki meeting staff will initiate a public forum on 
proposed revisions to the GNSO Operating Procedures.  

·         It was noted that the SCI will meet if there are comments in the 
forum, but otherwise staff will prepare the motion for the GNSO Council to 
adopt the revisions to the GNSO Operating Procedures at its meeting on 01 
September, which will allow time for the procedures to take effect in time for 
preparations for the Annual General Meeting on 3-9 November. 

·         It was further noted that there are no other issues from the GNSO 
Council for the SCI at this time and none are anticipated. 


Action Items: 

1)       Change the final sentence in #3 to "Should a House fail to designate 
an interim Vice-Chair, the Designated Interim Vice-Chair from the other House 
will serve as an Interim Vice-Chair alone until a new Chair is conclusively 
elected." Strikeout “with the vacant Vice-Chair position”.

2)       Notify the list of the change and allow people until Monday COB to 

3)       After COB Monday staff will send an update email to Amr for him to 
review and send to the Council.

4)       Following Helsinki staff will initiate a public comment forum.   

Attachment: smime.p7s
Description: S/MIME cryptographic signature

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy