ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-improvem-impl-sc]

[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] Mp3, Attendance & AC Chat from SCI call 16 June 2016

  • To: "gnso-improvem-impl-sc@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-improvem-impl-sc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-improvem-impl-sc] Mp3, Attendance & AC Chat from SCI call 16 June 2016
  • From: Michelle DeSmyter <michelle.desmyter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 23:48:03 +0000

Dear All,
Please find the MP3 recording of the Standing Committee on Improvements
Implementation meeting held on Thursday, 16 June 2016:
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-sci-16jun16-en.mp3

On page:http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#june

(transcripts and recording are found on the calendar page)

Attendees:
Lori Schulman - IPC - Alternate
Wolf-Ulrich Knoben - ISPCP - Primary
Angie Graves - BC - Primary
Rudi Vansnick - NPOC -Primary -Chair
Sara Bockey - RrSG - Primary
Renata Aquino Ribeiro - NCUC - Alternate
Karel Douglas - NCSG - Alternate

Apologies:

Anne Aikman-Scalese - IPC - Primary - Vice Chair
Amr Elsadr - NCUC - Primary

ICANN Staff:

Mary Wong
Julie Hedlund

Michelle DeSmyter

Let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you.
Kind regards,
Michelle DeSmyter

Adobe Chat Transcript 16 June 2016
Michelle DeSmyter:Dear All, Welcome to the Standing Committee on Improvements
Implementation call on Thursday, 16 June 2016 at 18:00 UTC.
  Rudi Vansnick:welcome Lori, Sara
  Lori Schulman:th
  Lori Schulman:hi. I am on audio only today.
  Rudi Vansnick:hi Wolf-Ulrich
  Julie Hedlund:Lots of noise on someone's line.
  Julie Hedlund:Could someone mute?
  Rudi Vansnick:it is Lori
  Wolf-Ulrich Knoben:Hi all, just waiting for the operator
  Julie Hedlund:Sounds like a fun party :-)
  Lori Schulman:I just muted.
  Angie Graves:On hold for operator
  Lori Schulman:I am at a conference on corporate social responsibility. lively
bunch
  Lori Schulman:so I will listen but not use my Mike
  Rudi Vansnick:normally this call should not take too long
  Angie Graves:am on the phonenow
  Wolf-Ulrich Knoben:important, Rudi! There will be a soccer match in 1 hour
  Julie Hedlund:Don't worry Wolf-Ulrich, we'll get you out before the game :-)
  Michelle DeSmyter:Welcome Renata!
  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:Hello!
  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:I am unfortunately without mic
  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:I am Amr's alternate and he did pass it along to NCUC
and no objections were raised
  Mary Wong:It is envisioned as a written update
  Mary Wong:It's basically grammar, not substance
  Lori Schulman:agree with Mary
  Rudi Vansnick:agreed
  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:agree too
  Lori Schulman:honestly, given the nature of the change, are we required to
socialize it to the list
  Mary Wong:@Lori, that's up to you folks. As Rudi said, we can just notify
them.
  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:i'd go for notification
  Lori Schulman:I don't feel too strongly as we are prepared for Helsinki
  Lori Schulman:but would prefer notify
  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:next monday? 20?
  Julie Hedlund:COB Monday.
  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:agree
  Lori Schulman:Julie can you send with an explanation that I can just forward
to IPC to explain redistribution
  Lori Schulman:or are we only talking about redistribution to sci list
  Rudi Vansnick:only to the list ...
  Karel Douglas:Hi all
  Karel Douglas:sorry for being late
  Mary Wong:@Julie, that is correct.
  Mary Wong:So the next meeting is 1 Sept. Deadline for documents is 22 August
- there will be time for the SCI to finalize and Amr to send in the motion for
1 Sept, even if we open public comment after Helsinki.
  Wolf-Ulrich Knoben:the most important is that the new procedure is in place
before the chair election at the AGM
  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:thanks
  Lori Schulman:thank you Rudi. we have gotten a lot of work done
  Wolf-Ulrich Knoben:does the SCI have other business on stock?
  Lori Schulman:agree with Julie.  let's have a small respite
  Mary Wong:Congratulations, SCI - thanks for the great work!
  Sara Bockey:thanks all
  Lori Schulman:thank you. ciao
  Julie Hedlund:Congrats to everyone!  Excellent work!
  Wolf-Ulrich Knoben:thanks all and bye. See you in Hell think I
  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:bye
  Lori Schulman:and thanks to awesome staff
  Karel Douglas:Byeeee