ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-iocrc-dt]

[gnso-iocrc-dt] RE: String Similarity Review

  • To: "Shatan, Gregory S." <GShatan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-iocrc-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-iocrc-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-iocrc-dt] RE: String Similarity Review
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 21:51:38 +0000

I also think it would be a good idea to include the IOC/RC names in string
similarity review; as I stated on our call earlier this week, the purpose of
that review is to prevent user confusion and that objective is important for
all strings including the IOC/RC names.

Regarding the "list of names/strings that will be explicitly reserved
(translations and variations)", wasn't that provided in the GAC letter?

In both cases above, I think it would be a good idea for us to request GAC
feedback before finalizing any positions.

Chuck