ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-iocrc-dt]

RE: [gnso-iocrc-dt] RE: Explanation of the Dates in the Public Comment Forum

  • To: Konstantinos Komaitis <k.komaitis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Thomas Rickert'" <rickert@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-iocrc-dt] RE: Explanation of the Dates in the Public Comment Forum
  • From: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 09:28:39 -0500

Konstantinos,

There are many ways to look at this.  You say that we will be setting bad
precedent by acting.  I think we are setting bad precedent by not acting.  To
fail to act would mean endorsing the staff’s implementation of a Board
Resolution that never went through public comment in the first place.  Now, in
order to fix that flawed implementation, we have to go through a public comment
period.

So, we have a dilemma that we should have never been placed in the first
instance.  Do we either (a) let the flawed implementation stand (thereby
endorsing the right of the Board and staff to act without any public comment)
or (b) do we correct the implementation after a multi-stakeholder approach and
consultation with the GAC, the stakeholder groups, constituencies, advisory
committees, etc (albeit with a shorter than recommended public comment period).

For me and the RySG the choice is pretty clear, it is option (b)

Jeffrey J. Neuman
Neustar, Inc. / Vice President, Business Affairs

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use
of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient you have received this
e-mail message in error and any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying
in error, please notify us immediately and delete the original message.