ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-iocrc-dt]

Re: [gnso-iocrc-dt] RE: DT CONSENSUS CALL ON RECOMMENDATIONS AT THE TOP LEVEL

  • To: "'Neuman, Jeff'" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'gnso-iocrc-dt@xxxxxxxxx'" <gnso-iocrc-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-iocrc-dt] RE: DT CONSENSUS CALL ON RECOMMENDATIONS AT THE TOP LEVEL
  • From: Stephane Hankins <shankins@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 16:36:44 +0100

Dear Jeff,

A yes from my side also.

As you mention, there may still be some elements for "tweaking" (for
example, I feel it might be valuable to qualify the circumstances under
which the ICANN community may chose to review the protections of the
reserved denominations in time and in substance - e.g. at the conclusion
of the first round, to review process and procedural issues), and thus
considering that the legal and policy considerations grounding the
moratorium will not vary.

Many thanks indeed to you and your colleagues for putting this together.

Looking forward to meeting you in San José, with warm regards,

Stéphane

Stéphane J. Hankins
Legal adviser
Senior policy adviser
Division for coordination and coordination within the Movement
International Committee of the Red Cross
Tel (direct line): ++0041 22 730 24 19