ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-iocrc-dt]

RE: [gnso-iocrc-dt] RE: Preparation for Tomorrow's Call

  • To: "Kleinwächter, Wolfgang" <wolfgang.kleinwaechter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-iocrc-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-iocrc-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-iocrc-dt] RE: Preparation for Tomorrow's Call
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 15:20:02 +0000

I already saw your Circle ID article Wolfgang.  I support this approach as I
have said before, but I still don't think there is enough time to develop the
language.  I wonder if the IOC and RCRC reps could propose some generic
language in the next few days?  If they could, maybe we could do this now, but
I still suspect that it would be difficult for us to do it in such a short
timeframe.

Would this be a reasonable approach for the DT to take: Recommend that any
ongoing continuation of these protections beyond the first round be done using
generic requirements without identification of the eligible organizations?

Note that I am speaking on my own personal behalf.  I have not discussed the
above with anyone else in the RySG.

Chuck