ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-iocrc-dt]

[gnso-iocrc-dt] Adobe Connect - International Olympic Committee and Red Cross Names 30 May 2012

  • To: "gnso-iocrc-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-iocrc-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-iocrc-dt] Adobe Connect - International Olympic Committee and Red Cross Names 30 May 2012
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 12:09:02 -0700

  Marika Konings:OC/RC Drafting Team Call 30 May 2012
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Debra Hughes has joined the call
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Mary Wong has joined the call
  Marika Konings:The resolution can be found here:
http://gnso.icann.org/resolutions#201204
  jeff neuman:i just got dropped
  jeff neuman:one sec
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Jeff's line has disconnected
  jeff neuman:back on
  jeff neuman:sorry
  jeff neuman:not sure what happened there
  Mary Wong:Jeff, I think Marika's link in Adobe is to the final resolution.
  avri:Is there copy on what the GNSO decided on this DT.  Was a decsion taken?
  avri:Jeff, that was the first question I asked.  And asking if so, could it
be posted?
  avri:Jeff, this is not what I undestood as a listener on that call. Can you
show the decsion?
  Kiran Malancharuvil:Avri, the minutes from the GNSO Council call is up:
http://gnso.icann.org/meetings/minutes-council-10may12-en.htm
  Kiran Malancharuvil:There is a good summary of the discussion relating to
this group.
  avri:thanks
  avri:will look now for the decsions
  avri:just wanty to know what the ACTUAL decsion was.
  Chuck Gomes:Marika's hand has been up for a long time
  Mary Wong:The Council didn't agree on the nature of the text in the letter
that Stephane is to send. A majority of the Council agreed, however, that the
DT should continue its discussions.
  Nathalie
Peregrine:http://gnso.icann.org/issues/cci-draft-letter-gnso-to-gac-23may12-en.pdf
  Marika Konings:I have my hand up just to clarify that the IGO Preliminary
Issue Report is in preparation and will hopefully get published shortly, but
does not fall under the Prague publication meeting deadline as it is not for
public review / discussion in Prague.
  avri:Jeff, you are correct.  Would have been easiest if you had just posted
the text.  "Stéphane van Gelder suggested that Jeff Neuman, the chair of the
GAC/GNSO issues related to International Olympic Committee.  (IOC) & Red Cross
(RC) names drafting group, inform the group on behalf of the Council to
continue their work. Stéphane van Gelder ask Jeff Neuman to draft a couple of
sentences to the Heather Dryden, the GAC chair with an update on the Council
position.Include a discussion of the continued work on the second level in the
agenda for the next Council meeting."
  jeff neuman:Avri - you are right, that would have been better
  Marika Konings:This DT was created coming out of the GNSO Council wrap up
meeting in Dakar, Senegal (see
http://dakar42.icann.org/meetings/dakar2011/presentation-gnso-wrap-up-action-items-27oct11-en.pdf).
  Marika Konings:I don't think there was a separate motion / charter adopted,
but I might be wrong.
  jeff neuman:marika - you are correct
  Kiran Malancharuvil:a point of clarification, there are actually potentially
24,000 domain name registrations prevented if we protect both words in all new
gTLDs in all six UN languages.
  avri:Are the IFRC and IOC the only two mentioned in US legislation?
  Kiran Malancharuvil:Thomas, is it possible to post the questions to the list
or send them to us directly?  We would be happy to do our best to answer them.
  Marika Konings:@Kiran - Thomas is not on Adobe Connect, only on the phone as
he is in transit.
  Kiran Malancharuvil:Yes, I realized that.   I will email him directly.
Hopefully he will see my SOS when he gets the transcript.
  avri:transcript?
  Kiran Malancharuvil:the chat transcript that is sent out after every call to
the group
  avri:a questionnaire is a good idea.  perhaps publish the draft on the list.
  Mary Wong:thanks everyone, bye for now
  jeff neuman:Thanks everyone
  Debra Hughes:goodnight from Geneva!