ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-iocrc-dt]

Re: [gnso-iocrc-dt] Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from International Olympic Committee and Red Cross Names

  • To: gnso-iocrc-dt@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-iocrc-dt] Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from International Olympic Committee and Red Cross Names
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 11:53:31 -0400

On 30 May 2012, at 15:09, Marika Konings wrote:

>> avri:a questionnaire is a good idea.  perhaps publish the draft on the
>> list.

We were given an assignment yesterday of going back to our Constituencies and
Stakeholder groups with some question or other.

It is also seemed like a questionnaire would be prepared.  I think this is a
good idea so that we are all collecting the same information and we do not end
up trying to compare, apples, eggs and rocks.  I would like to suggest that
this group agree on that questionnaire before we start using it.

Also, I have noticed that our group does not have very diverse participation,
i.e we are missing people from some of the GNSO constituencies and Stakeholder
groups.  If this was a working group under the rules of working groups are
efforts would be denigrated by this skewed participation make up.  I do not
recall if there are any guideline for now this extraordinary drafting team
functions, but the lack of constituency diversity in this group seems like a
liability to me.  Certainly somebodty has to make sure those constituencies and
stakeholder group's who are not covered by membership are also consulted on an
issue this important.

Finally , from the council decision that we never really discussed because it
wasn't posted until the discussion was gaveled closed,

"  "Stéphane van Gelder suggested that Jeff Neuman, the
> chair of the GAC/GNSO issues related to International Olympic Committee.
> (IOC) & Red Cross (RC) names drafting group, inform the group on behalf
> of the Council to continue their work. Stéphane van Gelder ask Jeff
> Neuman to draft a couple of sentences to the Heather Dryden, the GAC
> chair with an update on the Council position.Include a discussion of the
> continued work on the second level in the agenda for the next Council
> meeting."

1. Where there any specific details about which work we should continue.  For
example from listening to the transcript I understood that part of the work
they expect from us was the completion of reports, including the work on
gathering and analyzing the written and transcript evidence provided by IOC and
IFRC.

2. In the drafting of the sentence, will Jeff, as this teams chair be
consulting with this group on the correct balance to be contained in those
sentences?

3. To what degree do the upcoming discussion on discussion in the g-council on
second level protections affect the work of this group in going beyond
documentation work being done and research on needs and differentiating factors.

Thanks

avri