ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-iocrc-dt]


<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

[gnso-iocrc-dt] FW: Update from The New gTLD Program Committee on the Red Cross/Red Crescent and IOC Issues

  • To: "gnso-iocrc-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-iocrc-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-iocrc-dt] FW: Update from The New gTLD Program Committee on the Red Cross/Red Crescent and IOC Issues
  • From: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 22:08:43 -0400

FYI.  I know this came out on Friday, but I am not sure this was sent to the 
group.

Jeffrey J. Neuman
Neustar, Inc. / Vice President, Business Affairs


From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On 
Behalf Of David Olive
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2012 9:27 PM
To: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Margie Milam
Subject: [council] FW: Update from The New gTLD Program Committee on the Red 
Cross/Red Crescent and IOC Issues

For your information.

Regards,      David


From: Cherine Chalaby
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2012 1:32 PM
To: stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Margie Milam; New gTLD Program Committee
Subject: Update from The New gTLD Program Committee on the Red Cross/Red 
Crescent and IOC Issues

Dear St├ęphane,
I wanted to reach out to you and the GNSO Council to let you know about an 
issue of interest to the GNSO that the New gTLD Program Committee addressed 
this week: the protection of Red Cross/Red Crescent and IOC names.  The 
Committee passed a resolution yesterday requesting that the GNSO consider a 
proposed solution for the first round to protect at the second level the names 
of Red Cross/Red Crescent and IOC, consistent with the GAC advice to the Board.
We have been apprised of, and appreciate, the significant work currently 
underway by the GNSO's IOC/RC Drafting Team, and the potential PDP under 
consideration.  We crafted the resolution in a way that recognises that GNSO 
work is ongoing.  The resolution and the rationale will be posted next Monday.
The Committee adopted this resolution now, rather than wait until Toronto, to 
provide sufficient time for the GNSO to develop its views on this request 
taking into account the timeline for the first round.   It is important that 
this issue is resolved early next year so that additional protections, if they 
are adopted, are in place for the first round.  As a result, the Committee is 
seeking the GNSO's response by January 31, 2013.
We look forward to receiving the GNSO's response and are available to discuss 
this issue in further detail in Toronto.
Sincerely,
Cherine Chalaby


<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy