ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-iocrc-dt]


<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

RE: [gnso-iocrc-dt] Apologies for Wednesday Meeting

  • To: Thomas Rickert <rickert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-iocrc-dt] Apologies for Wednesday Meeting
  • From: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 09:56:59 -0400

I think we should bring this up at the Council level and then make it one of 
the items we discuss with the Board during that session.  I have cc'd Stephane.

Jeffrey J. Neuman
Neustar, Inc. / Vice President, Business Affairs


From: owner-gnso-iocrc-dt@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-gnso-iocrc-dt@xxxxxxxxx] On 
Behalf Of Thomas Rickert
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 9:53 AM
To: Neuman, Jeff
Cc: gnso-iocrc-dt@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [gnso-iocrc-dt] Apologies for Wednesday Meeting

Jeff, all,
in response to your question below:


What does it mean to "conclude the policy work"?  If the GNSO recommends the 
"moratorium on registrations", but initiates the pdp (which will not likely be 
done by 1/31/13), would the Board attempt to override the ongoing pdp.  Or 
would the moratorium on registrations satisfy this requirement.  I would like 
to see if the Board's new gTLD Program Committee could give us some more 
details about this.  Please let me know if you share my concerns.


Let me say that I am disappointed with the way the Board / the new gTLD Program 
Committee handled this. It is another good example of a lack of communication 
prior to decision-making. In its meeting with the Board, the GNSO Council had 
expressed concerns on exactly such scenarios only a few weeks back in Prague!!

While I do understand and appreciate the fact that the new gTLD Program 
Committee wishes to get things done and show some activity with respect to this 
matter after it was criticized for not having implemented the GNSO Resolution 
on the Top Level Protections, I would have preferred if they had reached out to 
St├ęphane and / or you, Jeff, to discuss the status and the implications of a 
planned decision. Now it is us (again) being uncertain and being forced to ask 
for clarification and potentially amend plans.

Thanks,
Thomas




Thanks in advance and I apologize for not being able to attend, but I wil 
listen to the recording.

Jeffrey J. Neuman
Neustar, Inc. / Vice President, Business Affairs
46000 Center Oak Plaza, Sterling, VA 20166
Office: +1.571.434.5772  Mobile: +1.202.549.5079  Fax: +1.703.738.7965 / 
jeff.neuman@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:jeff.neuman@xxxxxxxxxxx>  / 
www.neustar.biz<http://www.neustar.biz/>



<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy