ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtp-b-jun09]

[gnso-irtp-b-jun09] For review - updated IRTP Part P Public Comment Announcement + translation question

  • To: "Gnso-irtp-b-jun09@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-irtp-b-jun09@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] For review - updated IRTP Part P Public Comment Announcement + translation question
  • From: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 04:54:19 -0700

Dear All,

Please find attached an updated version of the proposed IRTP Part B Public
Comment Announcement. I have attempted to incorporated the suggestions made by
a number of you for a more accessible introduction to the issue, inspired by
the text provided by Kevin. In addition, I have included some hyperlinks where
further information can be found on a certain issue or concept (note that a
link to the glossary had already been included in the background documents
section).

On the issue of translation, I am not aware of any other public comment periods
that have been translated before, but I am happy to explore the possibility of
having this public comment announcement translated in the 5 UN languages. I do
need to point out that obviously there would be a delay in having the public
comment period opened as well as a delay in having a summary / analysis
available if comments submitted will need to be translated back to English. An
additional complication might be that many of the background documents are not
available in other languages than English. Please feel free to share your views
on the possibility of running the public comment period in more languages than
English.

With best regards,

Marika