ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtp-b-jun09]

[gnso-irtp-b-jun09] FW: [council] Initial WHOIS Service Requirements Report for Council review and discussion

  • To: "Gnso-irtp-b-jun09@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-irtp-b-jun09@xxxxxxxxx>, IRTP-A <Gnso-irtp-pdp-jun08@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] FW: [council] Initial WHOIS Service Requirements Report for Council review and discussion
  • From: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 01:51:55 -0700

Dear All,

For your information, please see below and attached information on the initial
Whois Service Requirements Report which also addresses the recommendation from
the IRTP Part A WG ‘to encourage staff to explore further assessment of whether
IRIS would be a viable option for the exchange of registrant email address data
between registrars and conduct an analysis of IRIS' costs, time of
implementation and appropriateness for IRTP purposes’. In addition, it
discusses some other issues that have also been raised in the context of the
IRTP discussions such as thick vs. thin Whois.

With best regards,

Marika