ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtp-b-jun09]

[gnso-irtp-b-jun09] RE: Registrant Title concept (was "Recommended Modifications to the Latest ERTP Recommendation")

  • Subject: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] RE: Registrant Title concept (was "Recommended Modifications to the Latest ERTP Recommendation")
  • From: "Diaz, Paul" <pdiaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 10:53:25 -0400

Hi Kevin,

Sorry we missed you on today's IRTP B call.  As we went through the
draft Initial Report, we debated your "Registrant Title" concept.  It
appears that most members of the WG support striking this proposal from
the main body of the report, and just footnoting it as a minority view,
i.e. describing the concept and noting that one member expressed support
for the idea.

As you'll hear on the MP3 recording, several participants shared my
concern about the scope of a Registrant Title concept.  Some also
questioned whether the proposal is even appropriate for this particular
WG, or perhaps deserving of its own PDP (as it could intersect with
other policy work, and likely would have a significant impact on the
domain name marketplace).

In fairness, though, we want to make sure you have an opportunity to
flesh out your idea and potentially win over additional supporters.  The
WG needs to hear from you ASAP, though, as the draft report needs to be
published by this Monday (31 May) in order to be considered @ ICANN
Brussels.  Of course, anyone can weigh in during the forthcoming public
comment period, and the WG will fully consider all of those inputs as we
work towards our final report.

On the other hand, if you're ok with the minority view approach, please
let the list know ASAP.

Best regards, P