ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtp-b-jun09]

Re: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] Re: IRTP B

  • To: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] Re: IRTP B
  • From: George Kirikos <icann@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 13:38:33 -0400

Hi Marika,

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 1:14 PM, Marika Konings
<marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> George, the reason why the public comment forum does not open until after
> the ICANN meeting in Brussels, is to give everyone as much time as possible
> ahead of the meeting to review the report, to discuss it with the WG in
> Brussels and then have sufficient time for people to formulate their
> response and submit it to the forum. No conspiracy to minimize comments or
> planning it when people are on holiday (FWIW, in Europe the holiday month is
> August, not July).

With respect, July and August are big holiday months for North
Americans, due to the school year. September is when folks are much
more ready to "work."

It looks like I'm "outnumbered" on this, but just wanted my point on the record.

So, do any folks want to hear my concerns? If so, let me know the best method.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.leap.com/