ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtp-b-jun09]

[gnso-irtp-b-jun09] RE: Request for Statement of Interest for Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy (IRTP) Part B policy development process (PDP) working group

  • To: "'Glen de Saint Géry'" <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>, <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Gnso-irtp-b-jun09@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] RE: Request for Statement of Interest for Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy (IRTP) Part B policy development process (PDP) working group
  • From: "Rob Golding" <rob.golding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 10:27:44 +0100

Rob Golding ...

> 1.       Current vocation, employer and position

Managing Director
Othello Technology Systems Ltd
a UK based DataCentre operator, providing colocation, dedicated servers,
email/web hosting and domain registration to primarily EU small business.

> 2.       Type of work performed in 1 above

All the usual Director roles within a growing SME - everything from making
strategic decisions to making the coffee. My (current) main daily activities
are in the oversight and training of our technical staff handling domain &
hosting support, as well as dealing directly with registrar, registry and
registrant issues relating to AWOL hosts/designers/resellers/registrars/etc.

> 3.       Identify any financial ownership or senior
> management/leadership  interest in registries, registrars or other
> firms that are interested parties in ICANN policy or any entity with
> which ICANN has a transaction, contract, or other  arrangement

Shareholder of Othello Technology Systems - an ICANN accredited registrar.
Member London Internet Exchange (LINX)
Member Nominet (the .uk Registry)

> 4.       Identify any type of commercial interest in ICANN GNSO policy
> development outcomes.  Are you representing other parties?

Our commercial interest is in seeing the interests of "ordinary" domain
registrants taken care of, as for 15 years, they have been our main customer
base - the sole-traders, individuals and unquoted-companies that have
adopted internet use into their daily culture and procedures, long before
big business discovered what an email address is.

> 5.       Describe any arrangements or agreements between you and any
> other group, constituency or person(s) regarding your nomination or
> selection as a work team member.

As someone who deals with the end-users of domain transactions every day,
the outcome of this (and related) working groups has a direct bearing on our
hand-holding of non-technical domain registrants through the processes of
purchase, sale, transfer and management of their domains.

I'm short and blunt - in life as well as discussions - so I'll apologise in
advance for any offence caused but not intended.

Regards,
Rob
--
e:Rob.Golding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   http://www.othellotech.net   t:0871 277 6875
Othello Technology Systems Ltd, Number One Poultry, London, EC2R 8JR UK