ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtp-b-jun09]

Re: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] 60 day lock following registrant change

  • To: George Kirikos <icann@xxxxxxxx>, "Gnso-irtp-b-jun09@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-irtp-b-jun09@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] 60 day lock following registrant change
  • From: Bob Mountain <bmountain@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 12:12:42 -0400

Hey George,
Wanted to give you our perspective on this.  As a marketplace for domains we
see the transfer lock as an extremely important element of fraud prevention.
While fraud for us is rare, the vast majority of fraudulent buyer and seller
situations are detected within this period giving us a chance to unwind
sales that otherwise would have resulted in the loss of a domain, funds, or
both.

Best,
Mtn

--