ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtp-b-jun09]

Re: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] 60 day lock following registrant change

  • To: "Gnso-irtp-b-jun09@xxxxxxxxx List" <Gnso-irtp-b-jun09@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] 60 day lock following registrant change
  • From: George Kirikos <icann@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 13:33:04 -0400

Hello,

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 1:27 PM, George Kirikos <icann@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> For example, in the financial crisis, some banks were *allowed* to
>>> fail. Some were "too big to fail." I'm sure those small banks that got
>>> wiped out felt they were in an "emergency", but there was no systemic
>>> risk due to their failure.
>>
>> An American  viewpoint again
>>
>> Over here none were allowed to fail
>
> I'm Canadian. :-) Yes, and we've seen how the market has voted --- the
> Euro has been killed. You want the domain system to be a "nanny
> state".....I don't think everyone else does.

And just in case anyone didn't "get" that reference to being
"Canadian"...no Canadian banks *needed* to be bailed out, because
Canada had the best *proactive* policies and didn't suffer any
financial crisis. QED.

It's Canada who has been fighting against all the crazy "reactionary"
financial policy ideas out there like bank taxes, Tobin taxes, etc.,
from the folks who "got it wrong" before and want to "do
something....to save the children!"

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
416-588-0269