ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtp-b-jun09]

RE: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] Feedback on Charter Question E

  • To: "'Marika Konings'" <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>, <Gnso-irtp-b-jun09@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] Feedback on Charter Question E
  • From: "Rob Golding" <rob.golding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 13:53:46 +0100

> 2.    Denial reason #7 ? this seems superfluous as a ground for denying
> a transfer request. If a domain is in ?lock status?, the registry
> cannot initiate a transfer request (so there will not be a ground for
> denial based on #7)

That applies where the "lock" is one set by/at the registry, rather than
additional lock-levels that some of us registrars offer our clients.

If one of our registrants request their domain is "super-locked" then all
attempts at transfer will be automatically denied, until the registrant
decides to remove that restriction - it's one of the ways the management of
a business stop "upstart" in their IT department moving their domains around
without authorisation.

Regards,
Rob
--
e:Rob.Golding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   http://www.othellotech.net  ; t:0871 277 6875
Othello Technology Systems Ltd, Number One Poultry, London, EC2R 8JR UK