ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtp-b-jun09]

Re: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] Updated recommendations overview

  • To: "James M. Bladel" <jbladel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] Updated recommendations overview
  • From: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 05:55:05 -0800

Hi James,

In relation to your comment 'I have trouble categorizing this
Recommendation as "Unanimous"
as at least half the group had some hesitation about agreeing. Would
prefer "Strong Support.', please note that the following designations are
available to the WG (as outlined in the IRTP Part B WG Charter):

* Unanimous consensus position
* Rough consensus position - a position where a small minority disagrees
but most agree
* Strong support but significant opposition
* Minority viewpoint(s)

A designation of Strong support also implies significant opposition, which
I'm not sure is the case here, but I'll leave that up to the WG to discuss.

Best regards,

Marika