ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtp-b-jun09]

RE: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] Updated recommendations and action items

  • To: "Marika Konings" <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] Updated recommendations and action items
  • From: "James M. Bladel" <jbladel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 21:20:03 -0700

Marika and Team:

My proposed language for Recommendation #4.  I believe it is closely
aligned with Simonetta's proposal, and hope she accepts this as a
friendly amendment.  Look forward to further discussions on tomorrow's
call.

Thank you,

J.

------------------------------
The WG notes that the primary function of IRTP is to permit Registered
Name Holders to move registrations to the Registrar of their choice,
with all contact information intact.  The WG also notes that IRTP is
widely used in the domain name aftermarket community to affect a "change
of control," moving the domain name to a new Registered Name Holder.
Our discussions within the WG and with ICANN Staff have determined that
there is no defined "change of control" function.  Therefore, the IRTP-B
WG recommends the initiation of an Issues Report to examine this issue,
including an investigation of how this function is currently achieved,
if there are any applicable models in the country-code name space, and
any associated security concerns.  (Others?)