ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtp-b-jun09]

RE: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] Proposed agenda IRTP Part B WG meeting

  • To: "Marika Konings" <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>, <Gnso-irtp-b-jun09@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] Proposed agenda IRTP Part B WG meeting
  • From: "Steele, Barbara" <BSteele@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 14:23:11 -0400

Marika,

I was unable to attend today due to a conflict with a monthly meeting
here at Verisign that has just been changed to Tuesday's at 10 am (ET).
I thought that I had sent this out prior to the meeting but just now
realized that I apparently didn't send it.

I did want to provide the feedback that I received from the RySG
regarding registry participation in the EAC.  It was generally agreed
that the registries could agree to the 5 day turn around for undoing a
transfer.  However, all agreed that it should not be up to the registry
operators to reset the domain name to its original state.  Instead, the
registries would be willing to update the registrar of record to its
previous state and once that is done, the registrar of record would be
responsible for resetting the other information such as name servers.

I will listen to the recording and will be on next week's call.  Thanks.

Barbara Steele
Director of Policy
VerisignInc.com <http://www.verisigninc.com/>