ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtp-b-jun09]

RE: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] Feedback from ICANN Compliance

  • To: <Gnso-irtp-b-jun09@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] Feedback from ICANN Compliance
  • From: "Diaz, Paul" <pdiaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 09:03:51 -0400

I'm hard pressed to come up with any "extenuating circumstance" that
would prevent a gaining registrar from RESPONDING within four hours
(again, resolution is not required in this time frame).  If members of
the WG feel such a caveat is necessary, however, I would insist that the
exception be very tightly defined - otherwise the entire purpose of the
Emergency Transfer Contact (I agree with the Registrar Liaison's input,
and like Marika's formulation) would be undermined.

Regards, P