ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtp-b-jun09]

RE: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] IRTP recommendation about locking during UDRP

  • To: berrycobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] IRTP recommendation about locking during UDRP
  • From: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 20:06:37 -0700

Berry,

Regarding the RAP issue, one of the problems is that we are a Policy
body, and there is no mechanism through which Council or Staff can
address BPs. That may need to be fixed, but that is an issue we had to
deal with. Councilors are just volunteers trying to work within the
processes we are allowed to work in, and make the best calls we can.

Regarding the locking question, I have said several times now that we
are NOT changing the recommendation. We are just considering it at a not
much later date, likely July but possibly August. And remember the rec
says if or when the UDRP is reviewed then this issue should be looked
at, it does not recommend a review of the UDRP, correct? It also is not
tied into to any other rec and so there is no impact on other recs by
considering it separately.

Best,
Tim