ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtpc]

[gnso-irtpc] Additional Question Relating to Issue C of IRTP PDP Part C

  • To: "gnso-irtpc@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-irtpc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-irtpc] Additional Question Relating to Issue C of IRTP PDP Part C
  • From: "Steele, Barbara" <BSteele@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 16:29:27 +0000

All,
In follow up to our meeting this morning, I propose that we add the following
to the Stakeholder Group / Constituency Input Template as it relates to
Question C.

Relating to Question C, registrars are asked to provide specific information as
to where proprietary IDs are currently being used by registries that the use of
IANA IDs instead would be preferred / beneficial.  The provision of sample
reports or communications with identifying information redacted to illustrate
where proprietary IDs are being used in lieu of IANA IDs would be helpful.

With regard to protecting the sensitive information, we would want to make it
clear that anywhere there is identifying information that that information be
replaced with a generic term for what that information is such as [Proprietary
ID], [Domain Name], [IANA ID], etc.  Hopefully this is concise but will result
in obtaining information that will allow the working group to address the
specific needs / concerns of registrars in this area.

Barbara Steele
Director of Policy

[Verisign(tm)]

GIF image