ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtpc]

Re: [gnso-irtpc] Your input requested - Ideal Process Change of Control

  • To: IRTPC Working Group <gnso-irtpc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-irtpc] Your input requested - Ideal Process Change of Control
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 16:02:33 -0500

hi all,

James, Simonetta and i met this morning and we agreed that i should write up a
little rant about my AuthInfo concerns.  the formatting got a little out of
hand, so i'm attaching it as a PDF.

the short version is that i'm grumpy about "overloading" AuthInfo (or any other
field that has a specific "inter registrar transfer" meaning) with change of
control meanings.  i think that "overloading" is what got us into this puzzler
in the first place and that we should strive not to add to the problem.  read
da attachment for the gory details.

thanks,

mikey

phone   651-647-6109