ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtpc]

Re: [gnso-irtpc] For your review - Recommendation Charter Question B

  • To: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>, IRTPC Working Group <gnso-irtpc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-irtpc] For your review - Recommendation Charter Question B
  • From: Bob Mountain <bmountain@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 21:07:30 +0000

Looks great Marika, I've made a couple of edits.  In the case where a domain is
transferred using a pre-auuthorized FoA, the current FoA form for a Losing
Registrar gives the registrant the option to cancel the sale which is not
practical since if the sale is preauthorized, it would have occurred prior to
the Losing Registrant receiving the FoA.  As such I'd propose that the Losing
Registrar FOA be modified to support this use case and that the verbiage be
changed so that the registrant may contact the Losing Registrar but not be
given the option to cancel using the FoA.  I've put in some proposed verbiage
under Recommendations and also Annex "Y".

My suggestions attached.
Tks Mtn.

--
Bob Mountain
Senior Vice President

Visit us at NameMedia.com<http://www.namemedia.com/>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any documents attached to it may
contain confidential or proprietary information or content. The transmission is
intended solely for the information or use of the individuals addressed, or
copied, as intended recipients. If you are not a named recipient, or you were
otherwise sent this by mistake, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or taking of any action as a result of or in reliance on
the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If this message has been
received in error, please delete it immediately and notify the sender by return
e-mail. Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.