ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtpc]

[gnso-irtpc] Updated: Mp3 / IRTP C PDP / 10 July 2012

  • To: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>, IRTP C <gnso-irtpc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-irtpc] Updated: Mp3 / IRTP C PDP / 10 July 2012
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 02:49:28 -0700

Dear all,

The next IRTP C meeting is scheduled for the 17th July 2012.

Please find the MP3 recording of the Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy (IRTP) C
working group call held on Tuesday 10 July 2012 @ 1400 UTC on page:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-irtp-c-20120710-en.mp3

on page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar#jul

The transcript will be posted on the same page.

The contents of the AC chat can be found at the bottom of this email.

Attendees:
Mike O'Connor - CBUC
James Bladel -co-chair
Philip Corwin - CBUC
Bob Mountain - RrSG
Matt Serlin - RrSG
Avri Doria - co-Chair
Barbara Knight - RrSG
Kevin Erdman - IPC
Rob Golding - RrSG
Hago Dafalla - NCUC
Chris Chaplow - CBUC
Paul Diaz - RrSg
Simonetta Batteiger - RrSG
Jonathan Tenenbaum - RrSG
Angie Graves - CBUC
Volker Greimann - RrSG
Roy Dykes - RySG

ICANN Staff:
Marika Konings
Berry Cobb
Nathalie Peregrine

Apologies
Michele Neylon - RrSG

IRTP C Members:
Alain Berranger
Simonetta Batteiger
James M. Bladel
Chris Chaplow
Phil Corwin
Paul Diaz
Roy Dykes
Avri Doria
Hago Dafalla
Kevin Erdman
Rob Golding
Volker Greimann
Oliver Hope
Zahid Jamil
Bob Mountain
Michele Neylon
Mike O'Connor
Matt Serlin
Jonathan Tenenbaum
Barbara Knight
Rob Villeneuve
Jacob Williams

Archives: http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-irtpc/
Wiki Space: https://community.icann.org/display/gnsoirtppdpwg/Home

Kind regards,
Nathalie Peregrine for

GNSO Secretariat
gnso-secs@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:gnso-secs@xxxxxxxxx>

AC Chat Room: 10 July 2012

Marika Konings:IRTP Part C WG Meeting - 10 July 2012

  Mikey O'Connor:having a lot of trouble dialing in...  be with you soon.

  Marika Konings:Anything we can do to help? Would you like a dial-out?

  Mikey O'Connor:hang on...  trying something else

  Mikey O'Connor:in now...

  Mikey O'Connor:telephone routing problem to the 800 number

  Mikey O'Connor:i'm on the call now

  Rob Golding (OTHELLO):I'd like to say thanks to Marika for all the hard work
in getting it all together for Prague, I think the presentations went very well.

  Marika Konings:Thanks :-)

  Mikey O'Connor:yay!!  way to go Avri!

  Bob Mountain:Congrats Avri

  Paul Diaz:Congrats, Avri!

  Marika Konings:And thank you all for participating - I agree, we had a very
good turn-out and good discussions in Prague

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Matt Serlin has joined the audio bridge

  avri:thanks

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Chris Chaplow has joined the audio bridge

  Rob Golding (OTHELLO):@Mikey - does this mean .beer will be on you in Toronto
?

  Mikey O'Connor:@Rob...  probably have to wait a year or two.  but there may
be a Beer Event in my future.  :-)

  Rob Golding (OTHELLO):took it off mute and got feedback - calling back

  Rob Golding (OTHELLO):my question was just about point 5 on the comments

  Rob Golding (OTHELLO):I believe it was email address not address that was
suggested as a change of contact

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Angie Graves has joined the audio bridge

  Simonetta Batteiger:go ahead

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Jonathan Tenenbaum has joined the call

  Marika Konings:The two commens I referred to are those that were submitted as
part of the public comment forum. If you look at the public comment review
tool, there are 29 points included, many of which come from the Prague meeting.

  Marika Konings:And of course, if there any that I missed as part of the
Prague meeting, please feel free to add these to the list.

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Volker Greimann has joined the AC room

  Simonetta Batteiger:I think we can resolve them, we just need time to talk
about them... ;-)

  Simonetta Batteiger:agree with Avri

  avri:if we deliver for October, we wil have take one year for a 3 work item
PDP.

  Rob Golding (OTHELLO):I agree - an implementation assitance team is agood idea

  avri:yes, i agree on the implementation team idea.  additonally, they whole
group can be called together if ever really neeeded.  In the IETF there is an
idea of a WG goinf dormant, but not actually closing unitl there is some
impleentation expereience.

  avri:then again will this group become largely the IRTP-next WG

  avri:?

  Simonetta Batteiger:is there maybe a way to keep the stakeholders better
informed along the way?

  Simonetta Batteiger:and if so, how could this be done?

  Marika Konings:@Avri - each IRTP WG is newly constituted, but many members
(fortunately) sign up for the next one as well

  Rob Golding (OTHELLO):@Simonetta - we've tried engagingour resellers, but
recieved almost zero response from asking them to comment :(

  Marika Konings:From the PDP Manual (with regard to Implementation Review
Team): The GNSO Council may, but is not required to, direct thecreation of an
Implementation Review Team to assist Staff in developing the implementation
details forthe policy. In its Final Report, the PDP Team should provide
recommendations to the GNSO Council onwhether an Implementation Review Team
should be established and any other recommendations deemedappropriate in
relation to such an Implementation Review Team (e.g. composition).

  Simonetta Batteiger:I'm not saying that we're proposing that, but I'm saying
he says he does not think a registry involvement should be avoided...

  Simonetta Batteiger:sorry, that sentence made no sense...

  Simonetta Batteiger:I read this as he says the registry should not be
involved...

  Simonetta Batteiger:can we respond to the comment and then reach out to him
to please comment again?

  Mikey O'Connor:+1 avri

  Mikey O'Connor:reply from the group seems like a useful tool

  Simonetta Batteiger:I have to drop off in 4 min... have a hard stop

  avri:Action items: update sschedule, 2 craft repsonse to Shohat

  avri:??  i will take a crack on the schedule uopdate

  Marika Konings:Thanks Avri. I'm happy to do so too if you don't have time.