ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtpd]

[gnso-irtpd] Attendance MP3 IRTP D meeting - Monday 14 July 2014

  • To: "gnso-irtpd@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-irtpd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-irtpd] Attendance MP3 IRTP D meeting - Monday 14 July 2014
  • From: Terri Agnew <terri.agnew@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 20:44:26 +0000

Dear All,

The next Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy (IRTP) Part D Working Group meeting
will be held 21 July 2014.

 Please find the MP3 recording for the IRTP Part D Working Group call held on
Monday 14 July 2014 at 15:00 UTC at:

 <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-irtp-d-20140714-en.mp3>
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-irtp-d-20140714-en.mp3

On page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#jul>
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#jul

Calendar page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/> http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

Barbara Knight – RySG

James Bladel - RrSG

Kristine Dorrian – National Arbitration Forum

Graeme Bunton – RrSG

Angie Graves – BC

Holly Raiche – ALAC

Volker Greimann – RrSG

Rob Golding - RrSG

Kevin Erdman – IPC

Avri Doria – NCSG

Bob Mountain – RrSG

Arthur Zonnenberg – RrSG

Chris Chaplow – CBUC

Apologies:

Paul Diaz – RySG

ICANN staff:

Marika Konings

Lars Hoffmann

Berry Cobb

Steve Chan

Terri Agnew

Mailing list archives:

 <http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-irtpd/>
http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-irtpd/

Wiki page:

 <https://community.icann.org/x/B4JwAg> https://community.icann.org/x/B4JwAg

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri Agnew

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Monday 14 July 2014:

Lars Hoffmann:Welcome to the IRTP Part D PDP WG, Monday 14 July 2014

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Arthur Zonnenberg

  Terri Agnew:Kevin Erdman and Bob Mounatin has joined

  Terri Agnew:Avri Doria has joined

  Arthur Zonnenberg:hi terri and group.

  Barbara Knight:I would support a go forward process for this requirement as
well.

  Holly Raiche:Only going forward was my assumption

  Arthur Zonnenberg:I sent an email to the mailing list with feedback on the
current final report as well as responses to comments made last week

  Avri Doria:While i can see the history being useful, the work required seem
sunproportionate to the value.  I agree going forward is sufficinet.

  Arthur Zonnenberg:go ahead on charter questions A and B

  Terri Agnew:As a reminder, on telephone you can press *6 to mute or *6 to
unmute

  Graeme Bunton:you're very quiet kevin

  Volker Greimann:kevin, I cannot hear a word

  Holly Raiche:I like the term 'immediately prior' as clearer

  Arthur Zonnenberg:agreement with James that that would be less ambiguous than
originaliteit

  Arthur Zonnenberg:(Apple chargés all my text...)

  Graeme Bunton:duplicative!

  Graeme Bunton:(not saying it is, enjoying the word)

  Arthur Zonnenberg:THE current irtp already requires locking or THE udrp does

  Arthur Zonnenberg:agree to include lock

  Marika Konings:It is currently out for public comment, if I am not mistaken.

  Marika Konings:the implementation plan, that is...

  Marika Konings:It closes on 18 July (see
https://www.icann.org/public-comments/udrp-rules-proposed-2014-05-19-en)

  Marika Konings:"The current plan is to announce implementation in November or
December with a six-month implementation deadline."

  Marika Konings::-)

  Terri Agnew:Chris Chaplow has joined

  Chris Chaplow:thanks, awaiting dial in operator now

  Terri Agnew:Hi Chris, I see you have joined audio

  Chris Chaplow:yes all fine, thanks, apologies for v late

  Terri Agnew:Rob Golding has joined

  Arthur Zonnenberg:is an official disputen resolution provider necessary for a
non legal domain procedure?

  Arthur Zonnenberg:holly even if you clarify it they are unlikely to pay the
fee..

 Holly Raiche:.I undestand that. The purpose of more clarity is to at least let
the registrant know when they can approach ICANN and when not

  Arthur Zonnenberg:agree holly :)

  Holly Raiche:In the London meeting we did discuss hat we need to at least
review te implication of costs

  Holly Raiche:Barbara's point was taken into account in London - it actually
costs!

  Arthur Zonnenberg:I think the drp should be a second option not a frist

  Arthur Zonnenberg:first

  Kristine Dorrain-NAF:Fair point...you're saying that the DRP is not the only
option under the enhanced IRTP and compliance role.?

  Berry Cobb:There is a 1st level, yes?  The Rt working with their respective
Rr to resolve the issue, prior to any TDRP being initiatied?

  Arthur Zonnenberg:must agree with James, but then registrar outreach must be
informed to rnh more clearly

  Arthur Zonnenberg:Kristine yes give the first verdict to icann compliance

  Arthur Zonnenberg:then rnh can always pay more for tdrp or court

  Kristine Dorrain-NAF:Aurthur, to be clear compliance doesn't have an official
TDRP function.

  Arthur Zonnenberg:Kristine I know but often that is not required. rnh just
wants their domain back. compliance could be given such official function if
necessary I think

  Arthur Zonnenberg:icann is not the registrars nor registrars and can
definitely policy registrars :)

  Arthur Zonnenberg:thans Lets continue next week

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):thanks james