ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtpd]

[gnso-irtpd] Attendance MP3 IRTP D meeting - Monday 21 July 2014

  • To: "gnso-irtpd@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-irtpd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-irtpd] Attendance MP3 IRTP D meeting - Monday 21 July 2014
  • From: Terri Agnew <terri.agnew@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 21:29:13 +0000

Dear All,

The next Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy (IRTP) Part D Working Group meeting
will be held 28 July 2014.

 Please find the MP3 recording for the IRTP Part D Working Group call held on
Monday 21 July 2014 at 15:00 UTC at:

 <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-irtp-d-20140721-en.mp3>
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-irtp-d-20140721-en.mp3

On page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#jul>
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#jul

Calendar page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/> http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

Barbara Knight – RySG

James Bladel - RrSG

Graeme Bunton – RrSG

Holly Raiche – ALAC

Volker Greimann – RrSG

Avri Doria – NCSG

Bob Mountain – RrSG

Arthur Zonnenberg – RrSG

Kevin Erdman – IPC

Rob Golding – RrSG

Kristine Dorrian – National Arbitration Forum

Apologies:

Paul Diaz – RySG

ICANN staff:

Marika Konings

Amy Bivins

Lars Hoffmann

Berry Cobb

Steve Chan

Terri Agnew

Mailing list archives:

 <http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-irtpd/>
http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-irtpd/

Wiki page:

 <https://community.icann.org/x/B4JwAg> https://community.icann.org/x/B4JwAg

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri Agnew

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Monday 21 July 2014:

Lars Hoffmann:Welcome to the IRTP Part D PDP WG, Monday 21 July 2014

  Bladel:Dialing in...

  Terri Agnew:Bob and Arthur I did include you in roll call

  Arthur Zonnenberg:im hearings James in echo can he turn his volume down
please?

  Terri Agnew:Avri Doria has joined

  Terri Agnew:Arthur, has echo gotten better?

  Arthur Zonnenberg:yes it's beter now

  Terri Agnew:thank you

  Marika Konings:@Berry - correct, it didn't address that issue as far as I am
aware but was brought up as part of the Issue Report in response to IRTP Part
D, if I am not mistaken.

  Terri Agnew:Kevin Erdman has joined

  Arthur Zonnenberg:should not irtp-c handle its own use cases? irtp-c should
not leave uncertainty...

  Berry Cobb:That's the conundrum.

  Berry Cobb:Check.  Just so we modify that last phrase of the recommendation.

Terri Agnew:Rob Golding has joined

  Graeme Bunton:/tumblweed

  Berry Cobb:At our next IRTP-C IRT, I will ensure that staff/IRT review these
use cases.....that should help tee up the issue report.

  Terri Agnew:Kristine Dorrain has joined

  Arthur Zonnenberg:1st level support by registrars, 2nd level by icann
compliance, 3rd level by tdrp provider, 4th by law?

  Arthur Zonnenberg:(disputes)

  Arthur Zonnenberg:will those icann explanations be translated in Dutch?

  Arthur Zonnenberg:fully agree on recommendation 15 and 16

  Bob Mountain:Isn't Authorization misspelled?

  Kristine Dorrain-NAF:Not in the UK

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):Not in *english* :p

  Bob Mountain:Snobs

  Kristine Dorrain-NAF::)

  Holly Raiche:Oz spelling also uses the 's'

  Bob Mountain:We need a PDP on this one

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):Some form of FOA is needed, but I think that the
reliance on the current 'standarised emiail' should not be the only type

  Arthur Zonnenberg:if they hack the registrar account they can change the
email address and after processing confirm the foa. the rnh already agrees with
terms and conditions via new registrar.

  Arthur Zonnenberg:icann compliance would still have foc for auditing.  you
doubt our data but did you calculate your fail rate?

  Volker Greimann:how is that evidence that the registrant agreed?

  Arthur Zonnenberg:are locking mechanisms necessary? i doubt enough has been
done to accomodate end users ease of transfer.

  Arthur Zonnenberg:im not supporting complete elimination

  Arthur Zonnenberg:how is the foa evidence that the registrant agreed?

  Terri Agnew:As a reminder, please mute when not speaking

  Arthur Zonnenberg:can we please investigate fail rates?

  Graeme Bunton:That seems very sensible, Berry.

  Graeme Bunton:Happy to work with you on wording to the RRsg and data
collection template

  Berry Cobb:Is there support by the other Registrars on this call to kick this
over to the RrSG?

  Berry Cobb:Thank you Graeme.  If this is acceptable, I can start a first
draft.

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):There are registrars which are 'hard' to transfer
away from

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):GD isn't one of those, so I support James earlier
comments completely

  Arthur Zonnenberg:besides transfers failing due to transfer locks and 60 day
locks

  Bladel:Rob - we are getting better! :)

  Bladel:It wasn't alwasy that clear.

  Arthur Zonnenberg:i agree with you Rob GD is not that hard. still every step
you ask increases the fail rate is what we see in the data.

  Arthur Zonnenberg:transfers should be as user friendly as they can be i

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):the problems we see are

  Arthur Zonnenberg:i think :-)

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):user education - they dont understand all the
steps

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):user incompetence - they dont complete all the
steps

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):user configuration - they dont get (or
mark-as-spam) the FOA

  Arthur Zonnenberg:yes rob but even with education, too many steps make you
give up

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):as far bigger issues than registrar 'awkwardness'
in enforcing policy

  Kristine Dorrain-NAF:I have to run....thanks all, talk to you next week!

  Arthur Zonnenberg:if you dont know about domains should your wish be
prevented by locks or steps that dont add security

  Rob Golding (Astutium-1471):thansk james

  Avri Doria:bye, thanks