ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtpd]

RE: [gnso-irtpd] RE: For your (final?) review

  • To: Paul Diaz <pdiaz@xxxxxxx>, James Bladel <jbladel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-irtpd] RE: For your (final?) review
  • From: "Knight, Barbara" <BKnight@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 22:21:33 +0000

Thanks Paul.

Barbara Knight
Director of Registry Compliance
bknight@xxxxxxxxxxxx

m: 703-622-1071 t: 703-948-3343
12061 Bluemont Way Reston, VA 20190

VerisignInc.com<http://www.verisigninc.com/>

From: Paul Diaz [mailto:pdiaz@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2014 5:48 PM
To: James Bladel; Knight, Barbara
Cc: Lars Hoffmann; gnso-irtpd@xxxxxxxxx

Hi James,

The RySG does not require unanimity to express its support. Rather than say
"RySG does not fully support," the WG might consider noting that there was some
concern about specific recommendations, but no outright opposition (assuming
the conditions below).

As Barbara noted, she's interacting with the few Registry reps that have raised
concerns. IMO, Rec #15 would require a lot more effort than anyone is prepared
to undertake at this time. Since IRTP-D merely recommends "avoiding" policy
specific sanctions, there's always room for some other WG to take this issue up
in the future. Barbara, you might want to challenge the person who raised this
issue if the wording is sufficient (i.e. flexible for the future) or offer some
edit.

Rec #5 is still under discussion; hopefully we'll have clarity by Monday's
call. Barbara has explained the WG's logic behind the recommendation. Perhaps
its time to directly ask if any RySG member really opposes the measure, or just
wishes the status quo remains? Absent outright opposition, I think it's fair to
say the RySG generally supports the IRTP-D's recommendations.

Unfortunately, I have a pre-existing schedule conflict and won't be able to
join you on the 22nd, but I wanted to thank and congratulate everyone for
seeing the IRTP PDPs through to the end. It's hard to believe this all started
in 2008 ...er, maybe not!

Best, P

On Sep 19, 2014, at 4:31 PM, James M. Bladel