ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-lockpdp-wg]

Re: [gnso-lockpdp-wg] UDRP Lock - Comment Deadline

  • To: "Schneller, Matt" <Matt.Schneller@xxxxxxxxx>, "Gnso-lockpdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-lockpdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-lockpdp-wg] UDRP Lock - Comment Deadline
  • From: Sheri Falco <sfalco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2012 12:20:35 -0400

Agree + 1

(Although I suspect the gTLD comment period will get extended based on the
recent request from Congress:
http://domainincite.com/10033-congressmen-say-new-gtlds-need-more-comments)

Sheri Falco
ICM Registry LLC
General Counsel
Phone: 561.290.0597 <tel:561.290.0597>
Email: sfalco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

From:  "Schneller, Matt" <Matt.Schneller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date:  Thursday, August 9, 2012 12:16 PM
To:  "Gnso-lockpdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-lockpdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject:  [gnso-lockpdp-wg] UDRP Lock - Comment Deadline

Hi everyone,

What does the committee think about pushing back the response deadline for
comments by a couple of weeks?  Not that we arenĀ¹t really important and
everything, but I think the gTLD comment period
<https://gtldcomment.icann.org/>  that expires on August 12th, 2012 is
probably getting the vast majority of the attention of the ICANN community
right now.  Given the tight turnaround to our comment period
<http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/udrp-locking-25jul12-en.htm> ,
which is scheduled to close just a few days later on August 15th, 2012, we
may end up either getting only a few comments, or getting comments that are
a bit less thought-out than they might have been were the community given
more time.

I suggest that we move the comment period deadline back by two weeks, to
August 29th, 2012, and push the reply comment period back to September 19th,
2012 to match.

Matt Schneller
206.204.6241
matt.schneller@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:matt.schneller@xxxxxxxxx>