ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-lockpdp-wg]

[gnso-lockpdp-wg] MP3 Locking of a Domain Name subject to URDP proceedings - 8 November at 13:00 UTC

  • To: "gnso-lockpdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-lockpdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-lockpdp-wg] MP3 Locking of a Domain Name subject to URDP proceedings - 8 November at 13:00 UTC
  • From: Julia Charvolen <julia.charvolen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 04:57:17 -0800

Dear all,

The next Locking of a Domain Name subject to URDP proceedings teleconference is
scheduled for Thursday 15 November at 15:00 UTC for 1 hour.

Please find the MP3 recording of the Locking of a Domain Name subject to URDP
proceedings teleconference held on  Thursday 8 November 2012  at 15:00 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-locking-domain-name-20121108-en.mp3

On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#<http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#sep>nov

Calendar page:

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

Gabriela Szlak, CBUC

Randy Ferguson, IPC

Alan Greenberg, ALAC (Vice-Chair)

Matt Schneller, IPC

Celia Lerman Friedman, CBUC

Hago Dafalla, NCUC

Lisa Garono, IPC

Kristine Dorrain, NAF

Laurie Anderson, RrSG

Volker Greimann, RrSG

Jonathan Tenenbaum, RrSG

Faisal Shah, IPC

Juan Manuel Rojas, At Large

Apologies:

David Maher

Michele Neylon

David Roache-Turner

Staff:

Marika Konings

Berry Cobb

Glen De Saint Gery

Julia Charvolen

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Julia Charvolen

For GNSO Secretariat

 Adobe Connect Chat transcript:

 Marika Konings:Welcome to the UDRP Domain Name Lock WG Meeting of 8 November
2012
  Celia Lerman:Hi there! Thanks to daylight savings we are having the meeting
one hour later than usual here. Phew!
  Alan Greenberg:You must be somewhere south!
  Alan Greenberg:Waiting 5 minutes so far for operator
  Marika Konings:Same here - Glen is looking into it
  Alan Greenberg:On now
  Volker Greimann:on now
  Marika Konings:Gabriela and Celia are only on Adobe Connect for now
  Celia Lerman:Gabriela won't be participating :( and I am connecting now
  Celia Lerman:Yes Alan, we are in Buenos Aires!
  Berry Cobb:Let's try for a volunteer.  We still have a considerable amount of
public comments to review.
  Juan Manuel Rojas:(sorry my call was down)
  Matt Schneller / Lisa Garono:I'm not sure changes to DNS are "transfers" that
need to be under 8(a) or 8(b) anyway, and so would not need to be included in a
"lock" status
  Kristine Dorrain:I agree.
  Matt Schneller / Lisa Garono:Sorry that wasn't really in English.  Didn't
sleep much last night (Matt - Lisa is innocent of the grammatical butchering)
  Laurie Anderson:I agree with this as well.
  Volker Greimann:Answer to 73 : "Why not?"
  Kristine Dorrain::)
  Matt Schneller / Lisa Garono:I assume that it was based on court procedures
and that nobody thought about the cyberflight problem at the time
  Juan Manuel Rojas:I believe that registrant must be  protected on some way.
It is no very clear about Rules and Supplemental Rules regarding to.
  Laurie Anderson:I agree with Jonathan and we will lock based on reasonable
notification of a complaint. If we don't receive a verification request within
a couple of days, we will follow up with the provider to ensure the case was
actually filed.
  Matt Schneller / Lisa Garono:I'm not sure that, as a practical matter, making
even a minor change to the UDRP rules or supplemental rules is likely to be
possible without opening up a huge can of worms
  Jonathan Tenenbaum:Agreed about the can of worms.  Still might be worth the
effort.  Provided it is truly in our scope in the first place.