ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-lockpdp-wg]

[gnso-lockpdp-wg] MP3 Locking of a Domain Name subject to UDRP proceedings - 22 November at 15:00 UTC

  • To: "gnso-lockpdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-lockpdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-lockpdp-wg] MP3 Locking of a Domain Name subject to UDRP proceedings - 22 November at 15:00 UTC
  • From: Julia Charvolen <julia.charvolen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 13:58:14 -0800

Dear all,

The next Locking of a Domain Name subject to UDRP proceedings teleconference is
scheduled for Thursday 29 November at 15:00 UTC for 1 hour

Please find the MP3 recording of the Locking of a Domain Name subject to UDRP
proceedings teleconference held on  Thursday 22 November 2012  at 15:00 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-locking-domain-name-20121122-en.mp3

On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#<http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#sep>nov

Calendar page:

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

Michele Neylon – RrSG (Chair)

Alan Greenberg - ALAC (Vice-Chair)

Gabriela Szlak - CBUC

Hago Dafalla - NCUC

Kristine Dorrain - NAF

Volker Greimann -RrSG

Juan Manuel Rojas - At Large

Luc Seufer – RrSG

David Roache-Turner - Observer

Apologies:

Lisa Garono - IPC

Laurie Anderson - RrSG

Celia Lerman Friedman - CBUC

Ken Stubbs - RySG

David Maher – RySG

ICANN staff:

Marika Konings

Berry Cobb

Julia Charvolen

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Julia Charvolen

For GNSO Secretariat

 Adobe Connect Chat transcript:

 Marika Konings:Welcome to the UDRP Domain Name Lock WG Meeting of 22 November
2012
  Michele Neylon:brb
  Kristine Dorrain:I liked the suggestion that the next email around tells
people we're on to substance to encourage people to call back in on Thursdays.
  Marika Konings:Luc Seufer has joined the call
  David Roache-Turner:Apologies for the late arrival
  David Roache-Turner:solo
  Luc Seufer:Am I a token now?
  Marika Konings:Remaining are #27 - 39
  Marika Konings:and a couple at the end
  Luc Seufer:By UDRP Provider of course ;-)
  Luc Seufer:Same here
  Juan Manuel Rojas:Morin
  Juan Manuel Rojas:*morning to all
  Luc Seufer:(b) No action shall be taken by the Provider on a complaint until
it has received from Complainant the initial fee in accordance with Paragraph
19(a).
  Michele Neylon:Luc - and the 3 days bit?
  Luc Seufer:nothing in the rules nor policy that I can find
  Michele Neylon:it would be helpful to know where that came from ..
  Luc Seufer:ok got it
  Luc Seufer:(a) The Provider shall review the complaint for administrative
compliance with the Policy and these Rules and, if in compliance, shall forward
the complaint, including any annexes, electronically to the Respondent and
shall send Written Notice of the complaint (together with the explanatory cover
sheet prescribed by the Provider's Supplemental Rules) to the Respondent, in
the manner prescribed by Paragraph 2(a), within three (3) calendar days
following receipt of the fees to be paid by the Complainant in accordance with
Paragraph 19.
  Luc Seufer:No lock prior to the administrative compliance review
  Kristine Dorrain:Luc that would work if the complainant doesn't copy
Respondent...right now the need for a very quick lock is because the
complainants are required to notify the respondents.
  Kristine Dorrain:Also, if the Whois information is going to change at the
time of lock, as it does a significant portion of the time, we would be stuck
doing another compliance review to make sure respondent is named correctly.
  Kristine Dorrain:it's only practical to get the name/whois locked before we
start our work
  Kristine Dorrain:Good point, David, the data received from the registrar is
USED in the compliance check
  Volker Greimann:hot please
  Luc Seufer:Alan I want something hot with my baked dog leg
  David Roache-Turner:hot dog for me thx
  Luc Seufer:;-)
  Kristine Dorrain::)
  Volker Greimann:I am not contesting the fact that cyberflight maybe a
problem, however if I am not mistake the transfer only means that another
registrar would now have to take the required action
  Luc Seufer:2 or 3 business days not 48 hours
  Gabi Szlak:in which country?
  Gabi Szlak:in the providers?
  Volker Greimann:registrar
  Gabi Szlak:ok
  David Roache-Turner:business days is the calculation used in UDRP 4(k)
  Gabi Szlak:well I am not sure
  Gabi Szlak:but ok
  Gabi Szlak:I just believe internet is 24x7
  Kristine Dorrain:Agree with David
  Gabi Szlak:its a a workaholic view sorry
  Volker Greimann:humans are 9-5
  Kristine Dorrain:LOL Gabi
  Gabi Szlak:most icann´s are so,
  Volker Greimann:local
  Alan Greenberg:what no are we on?
  Volker Greimann:If WIPO or ICANN sends something on Friday after 5 that may
mean someone working there got his job done, but then sending reminders on
early Monday is ridiculous
  Volker Greimann:and by WIPO I do not mean WIPO per se, but other providers as
well
  David Roache-Turner:Ps - UDRP is probably more calendar than business days
overall (at least in the sense that it has more references to calendar than
business days by frequency, and parties and providers are generally (excepting
e.g. 4(k), which is for court challenges)
  Marika Konings:#35
  David Roache-Turner:operating under the tyranny of the calendar
  Volker Greimann:if the proposal goes in the direction of requiring registrars
to provide on-watch UDRP services on the week-ends, they should receive part of
the fees
  Alan Greenberg:can i be unmuted?
  Luc Seufer:Only if you release the dog!
  David Roache-Turner:Volker:  how about locked within 48 hours from provider
request, excluding weekends?  (weekends may be more "objective" in a way than
business days, which may vary across countries etc)?
  Kristine Dorrain:Alan, remember the providers request other data from the
registrar simultaneously with the lock request, so we'd still have to get that
data
  Alan Greenberg:dog was not the core problem, just anoise maker. Needed to
somehow get water running onto roof for workers up there.
  David Roache-Turner:just a thought
  Gabi Szlak:thank you!
  Kristine Dorrain:Thanks everyone!
  David Roache-Turner:cheers all
  David Roache-Turner:agree with kristine on that
  David Roache-Turner:bye
  Volker Greimann:thank you all