ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-lockpdp-wg]

[gnso-lockpdp-wg] Additional comments straw man proposal

  • To: "Gnso-lockpdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-lockpdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-lockpdp-wg] Additional comments straw man proposal
  • From: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 03:03:25 -0800

In addition to the comments from Kristine, here are some additional
questions/comments that the WG may want to consider as part of its review of
the updated straw man proposal:

 *   Draft recommendation #1: the WG should try to be specific whether it wants
to require that complainants no longer sent a copy of the complaint to the
respondent at the time of filing or whether it is just not longer a requirement
to do so, and possibly a best practice recommendation not to do so, but the
complainant can opt to send a copy of the complaint to the respondent if it
would still want to.
 *   Draft recommendation #1 and #2: Commencement is defined as the date on
which the UDRP Provider finishes sending the complaint to the respondent,
including to the registration's billing contact supplied by the Registrar,
which usually precipitates a request to the registrar for the billing contact
which can result in notice to the registrant. This also raises the question of
whether the registrar may notify the registrant about a verification request or
whether the registrar is to be prohibited from notifying the registrant.
 *   Draft recommendation #3: Is the registrar allowed (before initiating the
lock) to process a change of registrant to transfer the rights to the domain
from a proxy service to the licensee of the proxy service?
 *   Draft recommendation #3: The WG should try to be specific about which
changes should / must / may be allowed and which should / must / may not be
allowed.
 *   Draft recommendation #4: WG may want to clarify that 'confirm' is to the
UDRP Provider
 *   Draft recommendation #4: Would it be helpful to clarify what
'verification' means? What information is requested? Is there a standard
template that the registrar can expect to receive? If so, would it be helpful
to include it or link to it?
 *   Draft recommendation #5: There would be some gap in time between when the
registrar lock is applied and when the registrant is notified of the complaint.
Any reason the registrant shouldn't be notified as soon as the lock is applied?
Otherwise the registrant might notice a mysterious lock on the domain name
registration without any apparent reason.
 *   Draft recommendation #5: Further clarification may be needed: is the
notification 3 days after the provider deems the complaint to be compliant, or
is the notification of commencement three days after forwarding the complaint,
or is the commencement supposed to happen within 3 days after forwarding the
complaint.

With best regards,

Marika