ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-lockpdp-wg]

[gnso-lockpdp-wg] MP3 Locking of a Domain Name subject to UDRP proceedings teleconference - Thursday 16 May 2013

  • To: "Gnso-lockpdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-lockpdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-lockpdp-wg] MP3 Locking of a Domain Name subject to UDRP proceedings teleconference - Thursday 16 May 2013
  • From: Julia Charvolen <julia.charvolen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 11:33:05 -0700

Dear All,

The next Locking of a Domain Name subject to UDRP proceedings teleconference is
 scheduled for Thursday 23 May at 1400 UTC.

Please find the MP3 recording of the Locking of a Domain Name subject to UDRP
proceedings teleconference held on Thursday 16 May 2013 at 14:00 UTC.

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-locking-domain-name-20130516-en.mp3

On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#ma<http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#mar>y

Calendar page:

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

Laurie Anderson - RrSG

Hago Dafalla – NCUC

Kristine Dorrain – NAF

Lisa Garono – IPC

Alan Greenberg - ALAC (Vice Chair)

Volker Greimann – RrSG

Matt Schneller - IPC

Faisal Shah – Individual
Gabriella Szlak – CBUC
Ty Gray for David Roache-Turner – WIPO

Apologies :

David Maher – RySG

Michele Neylon - RrSG (Chair)

ICANN staff:

Marika Konings

Lars Hoffman

Berry Cobb

Julia Charvolen

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Julia Charvolen

For GNSO Secretariat

 Adobe Chat transcript for 16 May:

 Marika Konings:Welcome to the UDRP Domain Name Lock WG Meeting of 16 May 2013
  Julia Charvolen:Hago Dafalla joined the call
  Hago Dafalla:hi all
  Volker Greimann:we are attracting the masses again
  Gabriela Szlak:hello everyone, I am sorry I was late but I am here
  Julia Charvolen:Laurie Anderson joined the call
  Kristine Dorrain:I agree.  Only a very small percentage of Respondents
request extra time to Respond
  Kristine Dorrain:Most Responses come in very close to the end of the Response
period.
  Laurie Anderson:Trying to call in but no one is answering.
  Laurie Anderson:nm jjust answered
  Gabriela Szlak:yes, I tend to agree with Alan, which is why I was asking the
average days, but as I got late I might have missed that answer
  Alan Greenberg:No ave answer yet
  Gabriela Szlak:thanks
  Gabriela Szlak:I can imagine we can recomend something like that as a best
practice for instance
  Gabriela Szlak:recommend
  Gabriela Szlak:+1: I do not want us to go back, I think we have been doing a
good job
  Faisal Shah:i agree. I don't think we should provide any additional
extensios..
  Kristine Dorrain:I think the Extension process is only favorable because it
doesn't require amendment of the UDRP itself.
  Gabriela Szlak:Regarding the days, can we have an average number of days, in
order to be able to say why 4 days...
  Gabriela Szlak:or 5
  Gabriela Szlak:or wahtever
  Laurie Anderson:I think from the smaller registrar's perspective, if we can
get them to lock the name within 48 hrs, we will be doing well. Forwarding the
complaint should be left to the providers.
  Marika Konings:Please don't forget to mute your phone or computer when not
speaking
  Volker Greimann:apologies
  Matt Schneller:Hi folks, I'm back online.  Sorry.  Two notes on the one item
that we've tabled.  First, historically, I think the "extra response time"
we're talking about exists primarily because locking is, as a practical matter,
taking time, when it was kind of assumed (incorrectly) when the UDRP was
created that locking would just happen pretty much immediately.  Second,
looking forward, I don't know that we have to have *a* recommendation.  We can
always pitch this to GNSO as multiple options: non-binding best practices,  the
changes in the intial draft report, and the +5 day period.  We're just guessing
as to which GNSO will support, if any.  Why not just spell out the pros and
cons to each, and let GNSO see where the votes lie?
  Gabriela Szlak:+1
  Gabriela Szlak:to Matt
  Kristine Dorrain:Very good best practices by both registrars
  Laurie Anderson:Agree w Volker, i just want to make sure we are not leaving
the name out there for the parties to handle
  Kristine Dorrain:I like the idea of including them as, at least, best
practices to be adopted by all registrars
  Kristine Dorrain:If not the "Rule"
  Gabriela Szlak:ok, so we have to our job... :)
  Gabriela Szlak:do
  Gabriela Szlak:good bye! thanks