ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-metrep-wg]

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>

[gnso-metrep-wg] WG Initiation Delay

  • To: <gnso-metrep-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-metrep-wg] WG Initiation Delay
  • From: "Berry Cobb" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 07:06:47 -0700

Welcome All,

This notice is in regards to the GNSO Metrics & Reporting Working Group that
you volunteered for.  The GNSO Policy team appreciates your dedication and
time.

I wanted to first begin by apologizing for the delays in getting this effort
started and I wanted to ensure that you know we have not forgotten your
willingness to participate.  If you are not aware, we received only a small
number of volunteers especially with respect to having proper representation
across the GNSO.  As a result, ICANN staff is working with the GNSO Council
to explore this issue and determine a possible path forward.

One path being explored is a less structured non-PDP Working Group format,
but one that will still request participation from those that volunteered
thus far.  In short, the Working Group format may take a more iterative
approach to drafting a report and one where more ad-hoc interaction with the
GNSO takes place.

The GNSO Council will deliberate this topic as one of the agenda items at
their 5 September 2013 meeting.  I will respond shortly afterwards with a
status on how and when the effort can be initiated.  The good news is that
we have all Statements of Interest from those having volunteered so far.

Thank you again.  B

Berry Cobb

720.839.5735

mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

@berrycobb

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>