ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-metrep-wg]

[gnso-metrep-wg] Fwd: [council] GNSO Council resolution 23 January 2014

  • To: GNSO Metrics and Reporting <gnso-metrep-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-metrep-wg] Fwd: [council] GNSO Council resolution 23 January 2014
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 18:11:00 -0600

here’s the Real Deal.

we still need a new name.  i suggested “Beer and Chips WG” in the Council chat.
 James Bladel (who graciously seconded our motion, btw) added the friendly
amendment “FREE Beer and Chips WG” as a way to bring in more volunteers.

the real goal of the new name is a) to bring in more volunteers for the WG and
b) to better reflect what the WG is all about.

keep those cards and letters coming.

and…  thanks again.

great job.

mikey

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [council] GNSO Council resolution 23 January 2014
> Date: January 23, 2014 at 4:57:08 PM CST
> To: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Dear All,
>
> The GNSO Council passed the following resolution on 23 January 2014.
> A motion to approve the Charter for the GNSO Metrics and Reporting
> (non-Policy Development Process (PDP) Working Group (WG)
>
> WHEREAS
>
> The GNSO Council requested an Issue Report on metrics and reporting at its
> meeting on 17 Oct
> 2012http://gnso.icann.org/en/issues/uofr-final-31mar13-en.pdf
>
> On 16 May 2013 the GNSO Council deliberated a recommendation on the
> Uniformity of Reporting from the Registration Abuse Policies Working Group
> (RAPWG) and approved a non-PDP Working Group to consider metrics and
> reporting;
>
> “The GNSO Council further approves the creation of a drafting team to develop
> a charter for a non-PDP Working Group to consider additional methods for
> collecting necessary metrics and reporting from Contracted Parties and other
> external resources to aid the investigation.”
>
> Following a call for volunteers, a Drafting Team was formed and its members
> have developed a draft charter for consideration by the GNSO Council;
> http://gnso.icann.org/en/drafts/metrep-charter-10jan14-en.pdf
>
> The GNSO Council has reviewed the draft charter submitted by the Drafting
> Team.
>
> RESOLVED,
>
> The GNSO Council approves the following charter for the GNSO Metrics &
> Reporting non-PDP WG and appoints Mikey O'Connor as the GNSO Council Liaison
> to the GNSO Metrics & Reporting non-PDP WG.
>
> http://gnso.icann.org/en/drafts/metrep-charter-10jan14-en.pdf
>
> The GNSO Council further directs that the work of the GNSO Metrics &
> Reporting non-PDP WG be initiated as soon as possible after an adequate
> duration to conduct a call for volunteers has occurred.
>
> Until formation of the WG, the GNSO Council Liaison shall act as interim
> chair.
>
> The Working Group shall, to the extent that it is practical, follow the rules
> outlined in the GNSO Working Group Guidelines
> http://gnso.icann.org/council/annex-1-gnso-wg-guidelines-07apr11-en.pdf

> Thank you.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Glen
>

> Glen de Saint Géry
> GNSO Secretariat
> gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> http://gnso.icann.org

PHONE: 651-647-6109, FAX: 866-280-2356, WEB: www.haven2.com, HANDLE: OConnorStP
(ID for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.)